My office has this policy whereby, for every occasion (be it a birthday/holiday/new boy/girlfriend), you HAVE to bring in treats.
Having just come back from Switzerland (which, by the way, is AMAZING!) and now about to go to Brussels for a heavy weekend (can’t wait to see you J Fitch and Special K!), I decided to bring in my treats in advance.
As anyone who has ever brought home-made treats into the office will know, this is something that is fraught with danger: bring in something too rich and suffer the humiliation of having to bring them home; bring in too few and you will be labelled a cheapskate. However, I have found a FOOL-PROOF way of overcoming this: Fudge Crinkle Cookies
Now, not only are these cookies super fudgey, super chewy and super addictive, they are also very easy to make – with the recipe below making enough for 20 hungry people!
Recipe (adapted from food.com):
Ingredients (makes 30):
1 box Betty Crocker devil’s food cake mix (Don’t tell anyone!)
1/2 small cup (150ml) vegetable oil
2 large eggs
Icing’ sugar (for rolling)
- Preheat the oven to 200 Degrees Celsius
- Stir the cake mix, oil and eggs in a large bowl until a rough dough forms
- Put the mix into the fridge for 30 minutes
- Place some baking paper on a metal (oven proof) tray
- Take the mix out of the fridge and shape the dough into as many 1.5 inch balls as possible
- Roll the balls into the icing sugar and place the dough onto the baking paper (at least 2 inches apart)
- Place back in the fridge for 10 minutes (CRUCIAL: this ensures that snowy crinkle effect!)
- Bake for 8 (for super super gooey) to 10 (for a more cookie like texture)
- Remove from the oven and cool on wire racks
No need to thank me! Just promise me that you will keep this recipe secret!