I love the long Easter weekend: not only do you have short work weeks either side of Good Friday/Easter Monday, you also get to eat chocolate until your heart’s content (/gives way!).
After a weekend of excessive munching (at the Lotus, of course!) and lots of exercise (VMLM training!), I spent a good chunk of Monday surfing the internet looking for lazy baking inspiration.
One of the recipes that caught my eye immediately was a no-bake, easy to assemble Salted Chocolate Toffee Pretzel Bark that can be made in minutes:
- 175 grams salted pretzels;
- 300 grams milk chocolate;
- 100 grams caster sugar;
- 1 heaped tablespoon of butter
- 50 grams partially crushed pecans (optional)
- Line a metal tray with baking parchment and pour on your pretzels;
- In a deep saucepan, gently heat the sugar until melted (NB: try not to stir!)
- Once all the sugar crystals are fully melted (it should turn a slight amber colour), stir in the butter (and pecans, if using);
- Once the butter is fully incorporated, take the saucepan off the heat and pour the caramel evenly over the pretzels;
- Using a bain-marie, melt your chocolate and spread evenly over the preztels;
- Once the chocolate solidifies, you can have fun and smash the “bark” into bite sized chunks!
I love this recipe. It’s quick and easy to make, uses ingredients that are likely to be lying around the house (well, my house!) and is insanely addictive!